Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ruth 1:16 Calligraphy - Wedding Gift for Groom

©Jane Farr Calligraphy & Design LLC
I had done the invitation envelope calligraphy for this bride, and she contacted me about doing some more lettering for her. (I love it when that happens. Repeat customers are so gratifying!)

©Jane Farr Calligraphy & Design LLC
She wanted to give her groom something special for their wedding.  She purchased alphabet photographs to spell out their last name. (Similar to these) She then had a custom matboard made, and hired me to letter an excerpt from Ruth 1: 16 beneath the photo openings.

©Jane Farr Calligraphy & Design LLC
Ruth 1:16 is a beautiful declaration of loyalty and love.  Although this declaration was made from a daughter-in-law (Ruth) to her mother-in-law (Naomi), it is a favorite and fitting passage of scripture for husbands and wives. The excerpt reads:

Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. 
Your people will be my people and your God my God.  -Ruth 1:16 NIV




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...