Wednesday, October 17, 2012

First Wedding Anniversary Gift

A couple's first wedding anniversary is often celebrated with a paper related gift.  I receive many enquiries to quote a price for hand lettering a couple's wedding vows, poems, and in the case above, the wedding homily or sermon.  In the event that my schedule and/or the client's budget prevent the possibility of my lettering the piece completely by hand, it is nice to offer the option of my designing a piece using my font.

Although I do not physically put my nib to the paper using this option, it is still my own, custom, original lettering.  My font is based on my Napa style calligraphy.  There is considerable time involved designing the piece and kerning the lettering, resulting in a one-of-a-kind, custom piece.

This option is usually more affordable with a faster turn around time - especially for large pieces such as this 13" x 38" piece.  A wife commissioned me to create this piece of their wedding homily in order for her to frame it and give to her husband for their first anniversary.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...